My CCRM IVF Journey

Our successful journey through IVF #2 at one of the world's top fertility clinics

Getting Postponed (UPDATED)

Posted by auntiem10 on August 10, 2010

UPDATE: CCRM wants me to have the estradiol level checked again on Friday morning. Their theory is that sometimes after AF, it can take more than a few days for the estradiol level to go down. They feel that the mass on the u/s is an endometrioma, but it’s possible that there could be a small functional cyst behind the endometrioma that is not visible on an u/s. So I’ll stay on Lupron until Friday, and if my E2 level goes down, then I guess I’ll be starting stims on Saturday and will be traveling to Denver next Wednesday. If the level is going down but still elevated, I guess they’ll continue watching it. If the level stays the same or goes up, then we’ll have to wait until next cycle.

I just received a call from a nurse at CCRM… my estradiol level is 149.96 when it is supposed to be <50. F*ck. My progesterone level is normal at 0.7 (supposed to be <1).

This morning at my ultrasound, the technician saw the same big mass that has been assumed to be an endometrioma for the past several months. It measured 31mm. There was only one mass today (as opposed to two a couple of weeks ago), so I thought that it was just the endometrioma and was pretty confident that my estradiol level would be within normal limits. Now it appears that the endometrioma may in fact be a functional cyst that is elevating my estradiol level. CCRM hasn’t received my ultrasound images yet, and my nurse is working on getting that info. I guess Dr. Surrey will review the images and decide what to do, but the nurse has already told me that our cycle will almost certainly need to be postponed, perhaps even by an entire month.

I will update later when a final determination is made. I am not happy at all but would rather have all hormones at their optimal level when it comes to this very expensive investment, so I guess I will have to be patient.


7 Responses to “Getting Postponed (UPDATED)”

  1. LisainSK said

    Ohhhhh…that sucks to have it postponed but you certainly have a good attitude about it and that by waiting will give you better odds. Hoping for better news next cycle…

  2. Pie said

    Damn, that sucks to have to wait. But you are right, you want to be 100% right going into it.

  3. Cassie said

    I know how much it sucks to be postponed – it has happened to me in the past, although at my local cycle, which was a little easier to deal with since I wasn’t having to make travel plans. But you do have the right attitude because you don’t want to make any compromises for the perfect cycle. I’m sorry about the bad news, but you’ll be back on track soon.

  4. LC1 said

    So sorry to hear about the delay. Very frustrating. Hang in there…

  5. magfuller said

    Oh, I am so sorry. Damn. Keep us updated on what the “delay” actually means.

  6. R said

    I have been postponed and cancelled by CCRM more times than I can count and it SUCKS. I am sorry.

  7. […] 2010: Started Lupron and stopped BCPs for IVF cycle that was later canceled, found out I had a huge cyst and IVF cycle was officially canceled, decided on monitoring and Novarel trigger shot to force […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: